Car emissions are substances, generally gases, released into the atmosphere when fuels are burnt. For cars, these usually comprise of:
- Nitrogen oxides
- Carbon dioxide
- Carbon monoxide
- Water vapour
Although water vapour is harmless, other emissions such as CO2 and carbon monoxide are thought to contribute to climate change and air pollution.
How can I reduce my lease car’s CO2 emissions and save fuel and money?
If you can run your car more efficiently, you’ll benefit from a better mileage per gallon figure and save money, as well as helping the environment and improving performance.
Here are some things you can try:
- Change the oil regularly
- Check your tyre pressures often, and check to see what the right pressure is
- Try not to use the air conditioning unless necessary-it uses a lot of extra fuel!
- Remove roof racks unless necessary
- Don’t sit idle with the engine running, switch off if possible
- Drive smoothly and steadily, try not to rush gear changes or brake at the last minute
Remember, if you need any help please just call us on 0800 311 8290 or contact us here!