You’re interested in leasing a car for personal use from Flexed but are unsure what documentation you will need to have ready before applying for a Personal Contract Hire (PCH) lease.
To help you understand how the process works and guide you on what type of documentation is required when leasing a car or van with Flexed, we’ve written this short article so that you’ll be fully aware in advance as to what documentation is required and why we need this information.
Completing the New Personal Proposal Form
If you’re looking to apply for a Personal Contract Hire (PCH) agreement, firstly you’ll be asked to fill out one of our New Personal Proposal Forms which will only take around 10 minutes to complete and requires you to answer personal questions about yourself as well as questions relating to your financial situation.
The form asks questions such as:
- Full name, date of birth, marital status and number of dependents.
- Current address and two previous addresses within the past 5 years – this helps with identification and to check your credit history.
- Work & Income – (minimum 6 month history). We may also contact your employer for verification.
- Your bank details – bank name, account number, account name and sort code – this information is used in order to set up your Direct Debit payments if your application is successful.
- Your monthly income & expenditure – including net salary (per month), car allowance, partner net salary, mortgage/rent, current borrowings, current car and any other information that may help with your application. This information helps us to decide whether you’re able to afford the monthly payments.
After completing the New Personal Proposal Form, it will be sent straight to our own in-house finance department where a decision will be made within 24 hours (weekdays).
Documentation Required For ID Purposes
As well as asking you to fill out our simple New Personal Proposal Form, we ask to see documentation for ID purposes.
We may ask for:
- Full valid UK Driving Licence – your photo-card must show your current address, photograph and needs to be up-to-date. Providing us with this documentation allows us to verify your signature which must match up to the one on your Proposal Form.
- A copy of your passport – this is used purely for photo identification.
- Proof of address – documents must be dated within the past three months. Suitable proof may be a gas or electric bill, bank statement, council tax statement or credit card statement.
These documents must be a scanned copy of the original and not internet printed.
We do not accept as proof of address any mobile phone or landline bills, water bills or insurance paperwork.
If further information or documentation is required to support your application we will ask for it. It may be that you’ve moved house recently or you’ve been with your current place of work for less than five years, in which case additional information might be needed to make sure you can afford the monthly lease payments.
Why We Ask For Documentation When Applying For A Personal Lease
We ask for certain documentation not only to confirm that you are who you say you are and to decide whether you can afford the monthly payments but also to make sure your ID hasn’t been stolen by criminals who could try and take your identity without your knowledge.
The whole leasing process from start to finish is quick and easy with Flexed, whether your’e applying for a Business or Personal Lease and because our own in-house finance department deals with every application, you could be driving away in your chosen lease car or van within days.
The car or van you lease from Flexed will be less than 12 months old, with 85% being less than 6 months old. We change our fleet every six months to ensure our customers always have the latest models to choose from.
We have a huge selection of cars and vans to choose from for both Personal and Business use. We can tailor a Personal Lease contract just for you based on what type of vehicle you want to lease, for how long and the mileage allowance required.
Please click here to find out more about our car leasing services and fantastic offers for both Business and Personal customers, or give us a call on 0800 311 8290.
Drop us a quick email to email@example.com or chat with a member of our team NOW using our online ‘We Are Here!’ service – we’ll gladly answer any leasing questions you may have.