Volkswagen Golf R 2.0TSI 310bhp Auto
One of the fastest production hatchbacks in the market, the brand new Golf ‘R’ has been an immensely popular choice for many. As it’s both practical and performance orientated giving you both of best worlds. It’s based on similar principles that made the Golf GTI great, but the ‘R’ offers even more power and really pushes the boundaries as to what a hot-hatch can really give you.
The facelift MK7.5, Golf ‘R’ features a revised 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine, producing 310 BHP and claims 62 MPH in just 4.6 seconds. Automatic models are equipped with a 7-speed ‘DSG’ gearbox which effortlessly changes through the gears. It does such a good job, that the automatic Golf R is fastest than its manual counterpart by half second to reach 62 MPH. Top speed is 155 MPH, although that’s electronically capped.
To help manage all this power, as well as improving the drive the car offers, the Golf ‘R’ is equipped with Volkswagen’s ‘4MOTION’ drive. It’s an all-wheeled-drive system that distributes all of its 310 horses across all four wheels. Not only improving traction for a faster launch but helps with the stability through the corners, keeping the car planted firmly on the road.
Aside from the performance features, the Golf can still lead a double life as the family runabout. Passenger space inside is plentiful and more than adequate for a standard family of four. At the back, the 380-litre boot is massive and useful for storing a couple of large suitcases or the weekly shop!
The Golf ‘R’ is well-equipped and features the following equipment as standard:
Audio and Communication
- Car-Net App-Connect (Android Auto and Apple Carplay Compatible)
- Discover Navigation system (DNS)
- DAB digital radio receiver
- MDI (Multi Device Interface), via USB connection – compatible products only
- 1 x USB connection, USB charging socket (compatible products only) and Aux-in
- Bluetooth telephone and audio connection for compatible devices
- Sports suspension, lowered
- Alloy wheels, 18″ ‘Cadiz’
- Heat-insulating tinted glass 65%
- Darkened rear LED lights with sweeping indicator function
- ‘R’ styling pack – uniquely shaped front and rear bumpers, rear roof spoiler and side sills. Rear diffuser in ‘Black’ with twin oval chrome.
- Unique ‘R’ badging
- Rear diffuser in ‘Black’ with twin oval chrome exhaust tailpipes, left and right
- ‘Black’ brake callipers
- Winter pack
- 2 Zone electronic air conditioning
- Front sports seats with height and lumbar adjustment
- Ambient lighting
- Mirror pack – Remote electrically foldable door mirrors with kerb view
- Isofix child seat preparation for two rear child seats
- Decorative inserts ‘Piano Black’ in centre console
- Chrome plated light switch surround
- Black ‘R’ cloth upholstery seats
- Front assist including Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Parking sensors, front and rear
- Start/stop function
- Electronic parking brake
What’s included in the 28 Day rental?
Our 28 day short term lease is the perfect choice if you’re not looking to be tied into lease contracts. You can simply change or return your vehicle at any point after the initial rental period.
- Road Tax
- Break Down Cover
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Maintenance Included
- 1,250 miles a month (additional mileages available)
- Fast turnaround for new vehicles (pickup or collection)
All you’ll have to cover is fuel and insurance and you’re ready to go!
PLEASE NOTE: Images and specification are for illustration purposes only. If you'd like a quote for any other term and mileage please call 0800 311 8290.
To get a personal leasing quote for you - Call 0800 311 8290 now!
All vehicles images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only. Information and prices are correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change.
All offers are subject to availability/change and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Terms and conditions apply.
All data listed comes from CAP database and subject to change. We will not be held responsible for any discrepancies in data. Please visit the manufacturer's website for more accurate specification.