Volkswagen Golf 8 2.0 TSI ‘R’ 320 AWD 5dr Auto
Pictures for illustrative purposes only
About the Golf R
Quad exhausts, four-wheel-drive and 320 metric horses under the bonnet, the supreme Volkswagen Golf ‘R’ is joining our fleet and available to lease short term from 28 days onwards. Comprehensive car insurance can also be included as part of your Flexed subscription.
Dubbed the king of hot hatches, the Volkswagen Golf R has always been a popular choice for many as it’s both practical yet will lap 99% of cars on the road. The styling of the new mark 8 ‘R’ has been drastically improved over its predecessor with new domineering front and rear bumpers, angular headlights and its pièce de résistance – blue highlights running flush between the headlamps and the centre grille. Standard ‘R’ models also benefit from 18-inch ‘Jerez’ Black diamond turned alloy wheels as standard.
The interior is equally as impressive and carries similar blue highlights seen on its outer shell. Inside, the Golf is treated to front sports seats which have been bolstered extremely well and is a lot more supportive compared to the previous Golf R. The steering wheel is finished in perforated leather providing a tremendous amount of grip and comes standard with shift paddles if you prefer to take a more ‘manual’ approach to driving. The Golf’s final party trick however is the multi-colour ambient lighting option, allowing you to choose from more than 30 colours to illuminate your cockpit and footwell.
Enough about the design though, as this Golf is all about performance. The 2.0-litre turbocharged engine produces a whopping 320ps and comes standard with a twin-clutch seven-speed gearbox. This car claims a 0-62 mph time in just 4.7 seconds and is limited to a maximum of 155MPH. Coupling the performance with its four-wheel-drive system, the car is extremely grippy and will feel tremendously fast when setting off from a standing start.
Being the flagship Golf, there are plenty of convenience and driver assistance systems that come as standard with this car. Highlights include: adaptive cruise control (ACC) which will automatically adjust the cars cruising speed to the car in front; front and rear parking sensors; Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility allowing you to sync your smartphone to the centre screen; Wireless phone charging; Satellite Navigation; and Digital Cockpit Pro – a 10.25” high-resolution TFT dash display screen with customisable menus and information
Additionally, the R comes with VW’s new IQ.LIGHT system featuring LED Matrix headlamps that will automatically dip and adjust to oncoming traffic when you’re on full beam. Daytime running lights for maximum visibility. Dynamic cornering lights and dynamic signals that look very fancy whenever you’re turning left or right!
From a practical stance, this car will still perform its family duties exceptionally well. The interior is spacious enough to seat four adults comfortably and the rear bench comes with ISOFIX tethers to securely fasten any child seats. Additionally, the 374-litre boot is more than reasonable for a performance-driven car and will accommodate several medium-sized suitcases with ease.
|Engine||2.0L TSI 320 AWD|
|CO2 emissions (g/KM)||177|
Alloy wheels 18″ Jerez Black diamond turned
- ‘R’ name plate
- ‘R’ styling pack – uniquely shaped front and rear bumpers and side sills
- Automatic headlight control with LED separate daytime running light with Coming home and Leaving home feature
- Body-coloured rear spoiler
- Exterior mirror housings matt chrome
- Exterior mirrors, convex on the left and aspherical on the right
- Heat insulating glass windscreen
- Illuminated grille and door handles
- IQ.LIGHT – LED Matrix headlamps with LED sep. daytime running light, dynamic cornering light and dynamic turn signal
- LED rear lights with dynamic turn signal
- Poor weather lighting with cornering light
- Rear exhaust tailpipe
- Rear fog light on one side, reversing light on both sides
- Rear tinted glass from B-pillar backwards, approx. 65% tinted (90% on the Golf R)
- Two-tone horn
- ‘Sardegna’ cloth front seats and outer rear seats with Art Velour inner sides of bolsters
- 12V socket in luggage compartment
- Aluminium gearshift knob/handle
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Brushed stainless steel pedals
- Carpet mats, front and rear
- Centre console
- Chrome-plated surround to electric mirror button, window switch and air vent surrounds
- Decorative inserts ‘Carbon Grey’ in dash and front door trim panels
- Door insert, side trim panel and arm support in leatherette
- Front centre armrest
- Front sports seats
- Leather-wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel, heated, with shifting paddles
- LED Reading lights, front x2
- Progressive steering
- Rain sensor
- Speedo & rev counter, electronic odometer, trip, service interval display & exterior temp gauge
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Unsplit rear seat bench split folding backrest with centre armrest
In-car entertainment and communications
- “Discover Media” Navigation including Streaming and Internet
- 6 Speakers, front and rear
- Digital Cockpit Pro – 10.25″ high-resolution TFT dash display screen with customisable menus and information
- Digital radio reception (DAB)
- Diversity antenna for FM reception
- Mobile phone prep with inductive charging function
- Navigation system “Discover Media” including Streaming and Internet
- USB-C Interface and USB charging socket
Comfort and convenience
- Ambient lighting, 30 colour
- Climatronic (3-zone) with rear air conditioning control panel
- Electrically folding/adjustable door mirrors, separately heated with memory function
- LED front footwell illumination
- Lumbar support in front seats
- Manual height adjustment, front seats
- Welcome light
- Activated charcoal canister for intensified evaporation system
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Advanced high-beam control Dynamic Light Assist for LED matrix headlamps
- All Wheel Drive – 4Motion
- Auto emergency braking Front Assist with pedestrian and cyclist monitoring
- Driver alert system, fatigue detection
- Driving profile selection
- Dynamic headlight control
- Dynamic road sign display
- Electronic parking brake with auto-hold function
- Lane Assist, Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist
- Lane change assist
- Multifunction camera for distance control
- Oncoming vehicle braking when turning including swerve support
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Speed limiter
- Start-stop system with battery regeneration
- WLTP RDE 2 – Emissions standard EU6d
- XDS – electronic differential lock for improved traction and handling
What’s a short term car lease?
Unlike traditional car leasing, our rolling 28-day short-term lease is the perfect choice if you need something indefinitely and quickly without being tied to long-term contracts. Simply roll the lease for however long you need it – whether it’s 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and more!
After the initial 28 day period is up, you’re fine to return or change your vehicle at no extra charge.
Our 28-day price includes:
- UK Road Tax
- Breakdown Cover
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 15,000 miles per annum (calculated on a pro-rata daily basis)
- Fast turnaround for new vehicles
Car insurance can be added to your lease contract. Speak to us find out more!
PLEASE NOTE: Images and specification are for illustration purposes only. If you'd like a quote for any other term and mileage please call 0800 311 8290.
To get a personal leasing quote for you - Call 0800 311 8290 now!
All vehicles images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only. Information and prices are correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change.
All offers are subject to availability/change and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Terms and conditions apply.
All data listed comes from CAP database and subject to change. We will not be held responsible for any discrepancies in data. Please visit the manufacturer's website for more accurate specification.