Volkswagen Golf 8 2.0 GTD 5dr Auto
About the Car
The Volkswagen Golf GTD is the perfect composition between performance and practicality. Its powerful drivetrain puts the GTD well within ‘hot hatch’ territory, yet its economical engine rivals that of ‘standard’ hatchbacks. Available to order for our short term, car subscription contracts.
Styling-wise, the Golf GTD is a near carbon copy of its own brother – the MK8 Golf GTI – which isn’t a bad thing as this model is equally as striking to look at. Just like the GTI, the GTD benefits from a ‘honeycomb’ grille design, lowered suspension, extended side aprons and widened front and rear bumpers. Combined, these features grant the car an exciting, dynamic stance that you don’t typically get to see with standard family hatchbacks.
A notable feature that GTD models and the above feature is VW’s new IQ.Light’ technology. Which, in short, are powerful LED matrix front and rear lights that will illuminate the darkest of roads. The headlamps at the front come equipped with ‘Dynamic Light Assist’ which will automatically dip full beams against oncoming traffic and will ‘bend’ around the car in the front. At the back, the rear LED light clusters feature Volkswagen’s famed dynamic turn signals, which sophistically animates which way the car is turning.
Inside, the Golf GTD is equipped with high-quality, premium sports seats as standard. These seats offer a tremendous amount of support for your back and come with plenty of lumbar and height adjustment so will provide most passengers with a great level of comfort in almost all situations. There is also more than enough head and legroom in the rear to comfortably accommodate up to five passengers in total.
Similar across the new VW range, the MK8 Golf features a digitised dashboard. Standard models are equipped with a 10-inch infotainment screen and are home to the vehicle settings, driving, climate and media controls. The infotainment system is compatible with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto which will seamlessly connect wirelessly and display your smartphone apps (messages, media player, contact list, maps) onto the screen.
Under the bonnet, the Golf GTD is equipped with a powerful 2.0-litre diesel engine, delivering 200ps and will reach 62 MPH in just 7.4 seconds. On high-speed roads, this engine is an absolute dream and will most certainly outpace most traffic on the road. Aside from its impressive performance figures, the car will still run around 54MPG and has a CO2 emission figure of 137g/KM.
Interested in experiencing the GTD for yourself? Order one today with Flexed on our rolling 28-day contracts with the option to swap or pause your lease after the initial rental period. All contracts come inclusive with Road Tax, Maintenance and Warranty and full-comprehensive vehicle insurance can be included too!
|0-62 mph (secs)||7.4|
|CO2 emissions (g/KM)||137|
- ‘GTD’ nameplate
- Automatic headlight control with LED separate daytime running light with Coming home and Leaving home feature
- Body-coloured exterior mirror housings and door handles
- Body-coloured rear spoiler
- Exterior mirrors, convex on the left and aspherical on the right
- Heat insulating glass windscreen
- Illuminated grille and door handles
- LIGHT – LED Matrix headlamps with LED sep. daytime running light, dynamic cornering light and dynamic turn signal
- LED front fog lights. 5-honeycomb design
- LED rear lights with dynamic turn signal
- Rear exhaust tailpipe
- Rear fog light on one side, reversing light on both sides
- Rear tinted glass from B-pillar backwards, approx. 65% tinted (90% on the Golf R)
- Sports bumpers
- Two-tone horn
- 18-inch ‘Bakersfield’ Alloy Wheels
- ‘Jacara’ cloth
- 12V socket in the luggage compartment
- Aluminium gearshift knob/handle
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror
- Brushed stainless steel pedals
- Carpet mats, front and rear
- Centre console
- Chrome-plated surround to electric mirror button, window switch and air vent surrounds
- Decorative inserts ‘Black Metal Chrome’ in-dash and front door panels
- Door and side trim panel in foam film and woven fabric
- Front centre armrest
- Front sports seats
- Leather-wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel, heated, with shifting paddles
- LED Reading lights, front x2
- Progressive steering
- Rain sensor
- Speedo & rev counter, electronic odometer, trip, service interval display & exterior temp gauge
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Unsplit rear seat bench split folding backrest with centre armrest
- Climatronic (3-zone) with rear air conditioning control panel
Communication & Driver Convenience:
- 6 Speakers, front and rear
- Digital Cockpit Pro – 10.25″ high resolution TFT dash display screen with customisable menus and information
- Digital radio reception (DAB)
- Diversity antenna for FM reception
- Mobile phone prep with inductive charging function
- Navigation system “Discover Media” including Streaming and Internet
- Preparation for “We Connect” and “We Connect Plus”
- USB-C Interface and USB charging socket
- Ambient lighting, 30 colour
- Electrically folding/adjustable door mirrors, separately heated with memory function
- LED front footwell illumination
- Light & Sight pack
- Lumbar support in front seats
- Manual height adjustment, front seats
- Sports suspension
- Welcome light
What’s a short term car lease?
Unlike traditional car leasing, our rolling 28 day short term lease is the perfect choice if you need something indefinitely and quickly without being tied into long term contracts. Simply roll the lease for however long you need it – whether it’s 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and more!
After the initial 28 day period is up, you’re fine to return or change your vehicle at no extra charge.
Our 28 day price includes:
- UK Road Tax
- Breakdown Cover
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 15,000 miles per annum (calculated on a pro-rata daily basis)
- Fast turnaround for new vehicles
All you’ll have to cover is both fuel and car insurance and you’re ready to go!
PLEASE NOTE: Images and specification are for illustration purposes only. If you'd like a quote for any other term and mileage please call 0800 311 8290.
To get a personal leasing quote for you - Call 0800 311 8290 now!
All vehicles images and descriptions are for illustration and reference purposes only. Information and prices are correct at the time of publishing and is subject to change.
All offers are subject to availability/change and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Terms and conditions apply.
All data listed comes from CAP database and subject to change. We will not be held responsible for any discrepancies in data. Please visit the manufacturer's website for more accurate specification.