Top 5 best-selling cars for 2016 (so far!)
The Ford Fiesta tops the list once again!
The best-selling car in the UK so far this year is the Ford Fiesta – but which cars are lying in second to fifth position behind the top seller for 2016?
With the arrival of the new ’66’ number plate on September 1, car sales have jumped massively and September saw the best month ever recorded, with the sale of 469,696 newly-registered cars, a rise of 1.6% compared to the same month in 2015.
During the first nine months from January to September 2016, there have been a staggering 2,150,495 new car registrations in the UK, over 53,000 more than in the same period last year.
Once again, the ever popular Ford Fiesta finds itself beating the competition, with sales of 19,769 in the month of September and what’s more, it’s managed to increase its lead at the top, selling 96,139 cars so far this year.
Playing catch up in second place is the Vauxhall Corsa, with sales so far of 64,925, whilst in third place is one of the UK’s favourite family hatchbacks, the Ford Focus, with 57,137 registrations.
With only three months of the year left, will the Vauxhall Corsa be able to close the gap on the best all-round small hatchback in the UK, or are we going to see a repeat of the top five best-selling cars from 2015?
The top 5 best-selling cars (so far!) for 2016:
- Ford Fiesta – sitting at the top of the list once again and remaining the UK’s favourite! Since the start of 2016, 96,139 Ford Fiesta cars have been purchased, leaving the Vauxhall Corsa in second place with a lot of catching up to do.
- Vauxhall Corsa – finishing in second place at the end of 2015, the Vauxhall Corsa remains in the same position so far this year, with 64,925 registrations.
- Ford Focus – trailing in third place once more but after a slow start at the beginning of the year, sales of the Ford Focus are creeping up and stand at 57,137.
- Volkswagen Golf – a car that’s been a firm favourite in the UK since the 1970s and proving it once again with 54,954 registrations so far.
- Nissan Qashqai – with 50,293 registrations already in 2016, the Nissan Qashqai is once more a strong challenger to the much smaller but ever popular family hatchbacks. Can it overtake the long-standing family favourite, the Volkswagen Golf, to claim fourth place this year?
For more information regarding our car leasing services, please click here.