FLEXED – Specialists in Short Term Car & Van Leasing
In the UK, small vans are used on a daily basis by private individuals and businesses of all sizes and are designed to carry heavy loads. They need to be practical and efficient, comfortable and easy to drive, have enough room in the back for the job in hand and be able to tackle the busy British roads with ease.
Fortunately, there’s a wide range of small vans now available, with many offering a plentiful amount of space within a compact and sleek design to allow for town and city driving.
The small van comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, so whatever you or your company needs to get the job done is available. Some vans have a standard roof whilst others offer a higher roof for taller loads, whilst short and long panel vans are options depending on what you may be carrying in the back. Many vans have through-loading bulkheads which enable longer loads to be carried from A to B.
Doors are also an important factor when it comes to choosing the right small van for your needs. Do you require a van with just one single sliding door which is what most small vans come with, or is a second sliding door required and is it an option? However, if security is a big concern, you can opt for a small van with no side doors at all.
The rear doors on most small vans tend to be asymmetric so they can be opened with ease in tight spaces, whilst some vans allow for the option of a hatchback-style top-hinged tailgate – it basically depends on what your needs are.
Most small vans have solid steel doors at the rear for security reasons but the option to include windows is usually available.
A number of small vans come with a steel bulkhead which separates the cabin space from the load area, whereas other vans have an open back or include a mesh bulkhead for simple separation. In the cabin itself, most vans tend to have two seats but some do have the option to choose three seats but because small vans are basically the same size as a standard car, these seats would be more of a 1+2 layout, which means the two seats for passengers will be quite narrow.
Today’s small van drives more like a standard car, so they handle well, are comfortable to sit in for long periods of time and include all the latest modern technology such as adaptive cruise control, rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring and autonomous emergency braking, whilst USB and 12-volt connections ensure your work devices can be kept charged up.
Most small vans are available as a petrol or diesel option depending on the manufacturer, whilst there’s now the option to choose a small electric van which would be ideal for companies concentrating on local deliveries who wish to cut costs and emissions.
Whether you’re a business owner looking to lease a small van or fleet or a private individual who needs a vehicle with more loading space for personal use, we have a fine selection of small vans available for short term leasing or as a long term rental – please visit our ‘Commercial’ page on the website to see what vans we have available to lease and if you can’t see the exact model you’re interested in driving, please get in touch and we’ll do everything we can to find the right vehicle for you – call 0800 311 8290 NOW or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Top 10 Best Small Vans In 2020 (in no particular order):
1. Citroen Berlingo – a fantastic small panel van with a high payload capacity that’s easy to drive, comfortable and economical. It’s ideal for everyday commercial or private use, boasting a large load volume.
All ‘Enterprise’ models include rear parking sensors and air conditioning as standard.
You can lease the Citroen Berlingo 1.5BlueHDi Enterprise 100ps Panel Van here at Flexed from £299.99 excl. VAT based on a 28 day rolling contract – in stock NOW, so call 0800 311 8290
2. Vauxhall Combo – a very capable, economical and practical small van that boasts a one tonne payload, enabling it to carry items up to 3440mm in length, plus it can seat up to three in the front cabin if that’s the option you require.
The Combo is an easy van to drive, making for a stress-free journey every time thanks to light steering and firm suspension. The cabin is airy and comfortable whilst feeling modern. It offers plenty of safety tech, however many of them are optional extras.
3. Ford Transit Connect – a very popular small van and that’s probably down to the fact that it’s smart-looking, economical and practical, so everything you need from a van. It has a comfortable cabin and is easy to drive but is only available as a two-seater.
The dashboard layout is easy to get to grips with, whilst the cabin has lots of useful space for maps, paperwork and more importantly, cups. It is offered as a petrol or diesel and has a maximum payload of 1000kg.
4. Fiat Doblo Cargo – a capable and affordable small van that’s available as a petrol or diesel version. It offers a comfortable ride for all-day, every day use and comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes – standard & long wheelbase Maxi Van, Combi, High Roof or the WorkUp pick-up model.
Standard equipment for all Doblo models includes electric windows and a CD stereo, anything else is an optional extra such as air conditioning and central locking etc..
5. Volkswagen Caddy – a small panel van that’s perfect for hauling light goods, making it the ideal van for driving in and out of the city.
Here at Flexed, you can lease the Volkswagen Caddy 2.0TDi Highline Bluemotion Technology Van from £299.99 excl. VAT per month based on a 28 day rolling contract – Limited Stock Available, so call NOW to order yours – 0800 311 8290.
This VW Caddy van has a 3.2m³ load area volume with a payload rating between 545-734KG. At the back, the van is equipped with dual rear doors making unloading/loading incredibly easy.
6. Citroen Nemo – a small van that’s cheap to run and insure, ideal for those looking for a compact and efficient van. All versions come well equipped as standard, plus the HDi diesel engines are smooth and sparing.
It’s available with twin sliding doors, whilst the passenger seat can be folded flat. Its 660kg maximum payload might not be enough for some but it is a surprisingly spacious small van that’s nippy and easy to park.
7. Renault Kangoo – a compact, well-built small van that’s both practical and comfortable, making it the ideal van for small to medium sized businesses looking for a good all-rounder to carry out daily tasks.
There are three versions to choose from – the standard Kangoo Van, Kangoo Compact or the Kangoo Maxi. The standard van offers 3.0 cubic metres of load space, plus it boasts a movable bulkhead and folding passenger seat, so longer items can also be carried. One useful option is a roof flap which allows you to transport ladders and pipes with ease.
8. Ford Fiesta Van – a small three-door van that looks more like a regular hatchback car but is capable of carrying around 500kg of payload, so definitely more useful. It handles like a car, offers a comfortable ride and low fuel costs.
You can choose between petrol or diesel power, the latter of which returns more than 80mpg based on original figures.
9. Peugeot Partner – a comfortable, economical small van that’s easy to manoeuvre around tight spots, making it the ideal van for use in the city.
10. Mercedes-Benz Citan – the first ever small van for Mercedes that’s actually based on a Renault Kangoo. It handles well, offers a comfortable ride for all-day use and the cabin feels sturdy.
The Citan is available in three lengths, however all models will carry a Euro pallet between the rear wheelarches.
Our ‘Commercial’ page is updated regularly with all the vans we currently have available to lease. Our 28 day lease contracts include UK road tax, manufacturer warranty, vehicle maintenance, breakdown cover and 15,000 miles per annum (calculated on a pro-rata daily basis). Car insurance can be added to your lease contract. Speak to us find out more!
Please click here to find out more about our car leasing services and fantastic offers, or give us a call TODAY on 0800 311 8290.
Drop us a quick email to email@example.com or chat with a member of our team NOW using our online ‘We Are Here!’ service – we’ll gladly answer any leasing questions you may have.