Our Favourite Family Hatchback Cars To Lease & Drive!
The hatchback has been a firm favourite amongst drivers here in the UK for decades and despite the growing popularity of SUVs and crossovers in more recent years, it’s still the number one choice for many.
The word ‘hatchback’ describes the actual car body style and in the dictionary means ‘a car with a door across the full width at the back end that opens upwards to provide easy access for loading’ and whilst the hatchback may be looked upon as a ‘steady’ and ‘safe’ option, many that are available to drive these days are not just practical but indeed measure out in the looks and drivability department as well.
We love them because they deliver on pretty much everything that’s important from comfort and space to reliability, often with lower running costs, as well as being easier to park, meaning they fit in perfectly with family life whilst also making them the ideal choice as a company car or fleet for business owners.
Many of today’s modern family hatchbacks tend to be decked out with hi-tech kit to ensure both driver and passengers are kept happy on long journeys, with most including as standard Bluetooth connectivity, DAB radio and possibly internet connectivity and wireless mobile phone charging too.
There’s a huge selection of hatchbacks on the market to choose from and most car manufacturer’s cater for every type of driver, offering a wide range of formats including petrol, diesel, manual or automatic, as well as hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric models for those who lean towards a more ‘greener’ option, so there’s definitely a hatchback to suit everyone’s taste, budget and requirements.
In no particular order and to help you in the decision making related to which hatchback is most suited to your own individual needs, we’ve created our very own Top 10 Best Hatchback list, picking a few that we know are well-loved favourites with drivers in the UK such as the Ford Focus and the Volkswagen Golf.
Our Top 10 Best Hatchbacks to Drive in 2020:
1. Ford Focus – a popular choice for many drivers over the past 20 years and continues to be so. It’s an all round, great looking hatchback that now provides every one on board with more space than the previous models, plus there’s a bigger boot on the newest version too.
It’s one of the safest cars in it’s class, receiving a five-star safety rating from Euro NCAP and comes with all the latest safety technology drivers have grown accustomed to such as autonomous emergency braking.
The fourth generation Focus is the ideal family car, boasting low running costs helped by impressive fuel economy.
2. Skoda Scala – a practical, well-equipped car that looks good too. The Scala has a one of the largest boots in its class, whilst there’s plenty of room in the back for passengers to enjoy a comfortable ride.
There are three petrol engine models available and one diesel engine to choose from, with all of them pretty generous when it comes to features, as the S trim range includes electric windows, air conditioning, a 6.5″ infotainment screen with DAB radio and Bluetooth, 16-inch alloy wheels and LED headlights.
The Scala is very economical which should make it cheap to run – the perfect all-rounder which also boasts a five-star safety rating.
You can lease the Skoda Scala 1.0 TSi SE 5dr Hatchback Auto from Flexed for as little as £329.99 excl. VAT per month based on a rolling 28 day contract and 15,000mpa – Limited Stock Available, so call NOW on 0800 311 8290.
3. Mazda 3 – the new look, third generation Mazda 3 is sleek in design and definitely stands out amongst its class alongside the VW Golf and the Ford Focus. There’s just a petrol and diesel model to choose from but in October, the eagerly anticipated SkyActiv-X is due for launch.
The chassis feels rigid and the suspension copes well with bumps on the road, whilst the Mazda 3 boasts composed handling, offering the driver and passengers a comfortable ride.
The interior is one of the best in its class and is of excellent build quality. Modern features include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, with the infotainment system very easy to use thanks to a rotary dial on the centre console.
4. Volkswagen Golf – if you’re looking to lease a hatchback that’s both smart and stylish, look no further than the VW Golf – it hasn’t been one of the most popular hatchbacks for the past 40 years for no reason.
Every VW Golf model comes well-equipped with all the latest technology and safety features including stop-start, Electronic Stability Control (ESP), curtain airbags, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.
The Golf is practical and spacious, with a generous, high-quality interior and a big boot, making it the ideal family car or the perfect company fleet vehicle.
5. Citroen C3 – an eye-catching hatchback that comes with plenty of features as standard. It’s the ideal choice for commuters, small families and younger or new drivers.
As well as looking good, the Citroen C3 drives brilliantly. At lower speeds, the engine is quiet and refined, which is a must-have in stop-start traffic. It has five doors, so there’s easy access to the rear and comes with two ISOFIX points within the back so child seats can be securely fastened down.
Get in touch NOW if you’re interested in leasing the Citroen C3 1.2 PureTech 83 ‘Origins’ 5dr from Flexed – Limited Stock Available from £269.99 excl. VAT per month based on a 28 day rolling contract – call 0800 311 8290.
6. Vauxhall Astra – good to drive, stylish in design and lots of technology included. The engine range is expansive and features several petrols and diesels to choose from.
The Astra received a five-star crash safety rating from Euro NCAP. The drive is quiet and comfortable, with plenty of space for everyone on board and a good sized boot for the weekly shop.
7. Skoda Octavia – one of the biggest cars in its class, with enough room for five and a big boot space. It’s well built, affordable to run and the ideal family car or company vehicle.
The engine range is made up of two petrols and two diesels to choose from. The Octavia is a safe, practical, economical and comfortable family hatchback that received a five-star crash-test rating from Euro NCAP.
8. Renault Megane – the fourth generation Megane mixes practicality, comfort, space and efficiency in one seriously stylish and quality bundle, making it a great all-rounder most suited for family life.
Across the range, there’s Bluetooth connectivity, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Cruise Control, air-conditioning and alloy wheels to enjoy, plus there’s a large boot and plenty of space for passengers. The Renault Megane boasts a picking of familiar petrol and diesel engines and a wide range of trim levels.
9. Kia Ceed – a fun to drive hatchback with an upmarket interior and stylish good looks. There’s three petrol engines to choose from and one diesel option. It’s spacious and comfortable, with plenty of room for adults in the back and a large boot.
The infotainment system is easy to use, with all models offering Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
10. SEAT Leon – it’s good to drive, boasts an impressive interior and has loads of space in the back for passengers to enjoy a comfortable ride, with larger door openings too.
The Leon is available as a petrol, diesel or plug-in hybrid, with the plug-in sharing its technology with the Golf GTE, boasting 201bhp as well as an electric range of up to 38 miles.
We have a fine selection of small to medium hatchback cars to choose from that can be leased short term for just the minimum 28 days or for longer up to 3 months, 6 or even 12 months and more. All of our cars available to lease are less than 12 months old, with 90% being less than 6 months old. To ensure we always have the latest models for our customers to lease, we update our fleet every six months, plus our vehicles are maintained regularly, guaranteeing they’re safe and ready to lease.
To find out more about our car leasing services and fantastic offers, please click here or give us a call TODAY on 0800 311 8290.
Drop us a quick email to email@example.com or chat with a member of our team NOW using our online ‘We Are Here!’ service – we’ll gladly answer any leasing questions you may have.