Our Favourite EVs To Lease & Drive
Motorists in the UK are steadily opening their eyes to the idea of driving an electric car, a movement which is going to continue throughout 2020 and beyond, as more and more electric vehicles (EVs) are produced for people to choose from.
And with the coronavirus crisis currently keeping most of us at home, now maybe just the right time to make that leap into the wonderful world of EVs, helping you to save money and the planet within one easy switch.
In the following guide, we’re giving you the low-down on what we think are 10 of the best electric cars to choose from in 2020. There’s an electric car to suit every type of driver, as we’ve covered budget, taste and requirements to give you a complete understanding of what’s out there.
From small electric cars to electric SUVs and family cars, we’ve covered them all, so please read on to discover more – we hope it helps you to decide which of the electric vehicles currently on the market today you might want to lease in 2020 from FLEXED!
Top Small Electric Cars
In this section is where you’ll find some of the smallest electric cars currently available. Of course, smaller cars carry smaller batteries and therefore the mileage range compared to, for example, an electric SUV, will be shorter but if you’re looking for a small runaround to drive locally and for occasional journeys, a small EV is the ideal choice.
1. Renault Zoe – a fantastic looking small electric car, currently enjoying its second generation status. A battery pack with a 245-mile capable range under the official WLTP cycle is one of its latest updates, along with technology found in the latest Renault Clio.
The Zoe is pleasant to drive, pretty nippy and fairly quiet and now boasts CCS fast charging as an option, so you can take advantage of rapid charging at motorway services. For a newcomer to EVs, the Renault Zoe continues to be a fine entry point.
2. Honda e – a super cute electric car which boasts a very cool interior. The motor is located at the rear and is available in two forms – 134 or 151bhp, however neither can live up to their rivals as 35.5kWh ‘gross’ is all it provides, making for a WLTP milage range of 137 max.
Honda’s first all-electric car feels composed and easy to operate when being driven. Winner of the Red Dot Award 2020 for Best of the Best Car Design, it should certainly be a contender when deciding which EV to lease!
3. Volkswagen e-up! – the all-electric e-up! is powerful, sustainable and so much fun to drive. With a full charge, this cool looking electric car has a range of up to 159 miles (WLTP).
The super smart time delayed charging option allows you to choose when to power up your e-up! To save on charging costs, you can set it to charge overnight during off-peak hours when electricity in the UK is cheaper. Complete with plenty of features as standard including Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Reminder, the VW e-up! is a small car that packs a huge punch.
4. BMW i3 – a tiny all-electric car from BMW that is surely one of the finest to look at. Its 42.2kWh battery ensures a 182 to 188 mile range, whilst its super lightweight carbonfibre construction makes it strikingly agile around town.
Flexible charging means you can recharge your i3 at home or at your place of work using the BMW i Wallbox or you can simply use one of the 16,000 or more public charging stations located throughout the UK.
Top Electric Family Cars
Here we’ve chosen three of the best electric family cars for those wanting to take the plunge and ‘go greener’ in 2020. In between a small electric car and an electric SUV, the family-sized EV is perfect for everyday journeys with children in the back.
5. Nissan Leaf – it’s been around for almost a decade now and is still one of the best electric cars for family living and could most definitely be first choice for those with children looking to make the switch from their current fuelled family hatchback to an EV.
The second generation Leaf has been given a 25% battery capacity boost, therefore now providing a WLTP-certified range of up to 168 miles – perfect for city driving, whilst the Nissan Leaf e+ has a range of up to 239 miles – ideal for those longer journeys.
6. Kia Soul EV – a quirky yet original looking design that certainly makes it stand out from the crowd – the kids would love driving around in this electric car!
The all-new Soul EV offers a driving range of up to 280 miles on a single charge, powered by a 64kWh Lithium-ion polymer battery pack. Standard features include Lane Following Assist (LFA), Lane Keep Assist (LKA), Smrt Cruise Control with Stop & Go, 10.25″ Navigation Touchscreen and lots more..
7. Tesla Model 3 – the long awaited and more affordable Model 3 is now available in the UK. The base model covers a range of up to 254 miles, whilst the dual-motor version with all-wheel drive has an increased range of up to 348 miles on a single charge.
The UK now has 16,000+ charging stations available, so plugging in on a journey is easy or you can charge overnight at home, waking up to a full battery in the morning.
Top Electric SUVs
We’ve fallen in love with the SUV here in the UK, so we’ve picked out three of the best electric SUVs for you to consider. They’re great for those who need even more space for family living or if you prefer the higher ride they offer, giving you a better view outside as you travel.
8. Jaguar i-Pace – winner of the 2019 World Car of the Year award and it’s plain to see why just going off its looks alone. One full charge provides a range of up to 292 miles on the WLTP cycle thanks to its 90kWh battery, enabling the i-Pace to reach 60mph in 4.5 seconds.
The interior has a luxurious feel to it and features a floating centre console, whilst at night, crisp white illumination shows off the beautiful details.
9. Audi e-Tron – a gorgeous looking electric car that boasts two charging ports, one on each side of the wing, allowing you to charge from either side.
It has a range of up to 248 miles and can accelerate from 0-62mph in 5.7 seconds, so whilst it’s big and heavy (2490kg), it’s certainly no slouch. A great all-rounder if you love driving an SUV but want to switch to an electric version with enough room for all the family and their belongings!
The Audi E-Tron 55 Quattro 95kWh 5dr Auto is available to lease NOW at Flexed from £999.99 excl. VAT per month based on a 28 day rolling contract and 15,000mpa or we have the Audi E-Tron 300kW 55 Launch Edition 95kWh Quattro 5dr Auto in stock NOW from £1029.99 excl. VAT per month, also based on a 28 day rolling contract – call 0800 311 8290 to find out more or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Hyundai Kona Electric – its 64kWh battery provides a range of up to 278 miles, whilst the interior is roomy & practical and comes equipped with advanced technology throughout including a touch screen entertainment system.
The Kona Electric looks great, whilst offering a comfortable ride for everyone on board and is certainly one to consider if you’re looking to make that switch.
Electric cars are the future – they allow you to travel in silence, cost less to run & produce zero emissions, all helping to increasing their popularity amongst drivers in the UK. To find out more about leasing an electric car from Flexed, please get in touch NOW either by calling 0800 311 8290 or via email: email@example.com
To find out more about our car leasing services and fantastic offers, please click here or give us a call TODAY on 0800 311 8290.
Drop us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with a member of our team NOW using our online ‘We Are Here!’ service – we’ll gladly answer any leasing questions you may have.