Affordable Lease Cars at FLEXED for New/Young Drivers
Woohoo, you’ve finally done it.. you’ve passed your driving test! All the driving lessons, hours spent reading the Highway Code and the money it’s cost to get you your full, valid UK driving licence have paid off and now it’s time for the big moment – your very first car!
Luckily today, new or young drivers have the opportunity to drive a new car for an affordable monthly amount with a vehicle lease. No more having to look at buying an old banger that may or may not be reliable or pestering the parents to put you on their vehicle insurance policy, now you can lease a new car from Flexed on a short term lease and drive a vehicle that’s clean, reliable and affordable to run, especially if you choose one that’s cheap to insure.
At Flexed, we now offer our customers over the age of 25 a Car Subscription service that includes Fully Comprehensive Motor Insurance Cover with every new contract, so if you’re over 25 years of age and have just passed your provisional driving test, you can take advantage of our new service which also includes UK road tax, manufacturer’s warranty, breakdown cover (with RoadSide Assist) and Vehicle Maintenance – find out more about how the process works and how a car subscription can benefit you by clicking here.
For younger drivers looking to lease their first very car, we have plenty to choose from that are both cheap to run and insure. Often with younger drivers, it’s the cost of insurance that’s a worry but if you choose wisely, do your homework first and opt for a car that sits in the lower insurance groups, you can drive a new car for an affordable amount every month, plus when you lease a car from Flexed on a short term lease, your contract will also include:
- UK Road Tax
- Manufacturer Warranty
- Breakdown Cover
- Vehicle Maintenance
- 1,250 Miles A Month (additional mileages available)
All this means that leasing a new car as a young driver has you covered in all aspects, with your motoring costs kept within one easy, affordable monthly payment.
In the UK, insurers put all cars in an insurance group ranging from one to 50 – the ones in the lower groups are generally the cheapest to insure (most are small cars). Obviously, the higher the car insurance group, the more you’ll pay to insure it, whilst those in the lower groups are cheaper to cover, so it’s definitely worth taking a look at what kind of cars feature in the lower groups to keep your motoring costs down, especially if you’re a young driver who needs to watch the pennies!
To help you as a new or young driver to make the right decision, we’ve compiled our very own Top 10 Best Cheapest Cars To Insure (2020) list – they appear in no particular order and all of them sit within the lowest insurance groups (Insurance Groups also vary depending on the model).
Our Top 10 Best Cheapest Cars To Insure (2020):
1. Volkswagen up! – a smart looking, small car that would make the ideal first car for a new or young driver as it’s cheap to run and insure. It’s a practical, nippy to car to drive, with a reasonably sized boot and enough room for four full-sized adults to enjoy a comfortable ride.
2. Renault Clio – a small, stylish hatchback that’s perfect for first time drivers. Whether you’re a younger driver or someone older who’s left it until later in life to start driving, the Clio is a fantastic car that’s practical and cheap enough to lease & insure.
You can lease the Renault Clio 1.0 TCe 100 Iconic 5dr at Flexed from £269.99 excl. VAT per month based on a 28 day rolling contract – call 0800 311 8290 NOW! Standard features include Cruise control and speed limiter, Active emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection, Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Departure Warning, 7″ touchscreen with Navigation and so much more..
3. Nissan Micra – the new Micra with its 1.0-litre IG 71 engine falls into insurance Group 1, so the ideal choice for new or young drivers looking for their first ever car.
It’s a quirky looking small car that’s easy to drive, comfortable and features a stylish, high-quality interior.
4. Volkswagen Polo – a small hatchback that’s both practical and plush, with a well-built and roomy cabin that can accommodate four adults comfortably.
When you opt for the 1.0-litre EVO engine, it falls into car insurance Group 1, so a very affordable first time car.
5. Ford Fiesta – it falls into Insurance Group 2, so cheap to run, as well as being easy to drive and very well built.
The Ford Fiesta has been the nation’s favourite car for the past 10 years and it’s easy to see why, as it looks good and drives well, making it a great all-rounder for new or young drivers.
6. Kia Rio – another small car that’s very well suited to new or younger drivers thanks to it being an Insurance Group 2 car.
It looks great too, so no young driver would be embarrassed when behind the wheel – it’s practical, stylish and solid.
7. Hyundai i10 – a sporty looking small hatchback that’s also easy to drive and cheap to insure, with models featuring in Insurance Group 1 or 2.
A great looking and very affordable car, with various models to choose from – the S version offers 5 seats, electric front windows, an immobiliser and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
8. Fiat Panda – a super cute small car that’s very cheap on insurance, making it the ideal runaround for new or young drivers wanting an affordable first car – appears in Insurance Group 1.
The Fiat Panda has been around since 1980, when it first started out as a more boxy style small car but has gone on to become a very popular choice amongst those with a small family or anyone looking for a cheap car to run.
9. Skoda Fabia – a cheap, economical and fairly spacious small car that sits in Insurance Group 1. Every model has a 6.5-inch infotainment screen with Bluetooth connectivity, so ideal in every way for the younger driver.
It might not be as attractive as some of the other small cars in this list but does it matter when it’s all about saving money on your first ever car.
10. Vauxhall Corsa – a very stylish small car that’s been around for years. The Vauxhall Corsa Hatchback 1.2 Life 3d and Vauxhall Corsa Hatchback Active 1.2 Sting 5d belong in Insurance Group 2, so once again a perfect choice for new or young drivers.
The Vauxhall Corsa has been around for almost 40 years and still remains a popular choice amongst drivers in the UK.
We have a fantastic range of cars to choose from that would suit a new or young driver looking for something practical, cheap to run and insure. If you can’t see the exact model you’re interested in leasing, please get in touch and we’ll do everything we can to find the right vehicle for you. Our short term car lease contracts enable you to lease your desired car for just the minimum 28 days or for longer up to 3 months, 6 or even 12 months and more – it’s entirely up to you how long you lease for.
Please click here to find out more about our car leasing services and fantastic offers for both Business and Personal customers, or give us a call on 0800 311 8290.
Drop us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with a member of our team NOW using our online ‘We Are Here!’ service – we’ll gladly answer any leasing questions you may have.