New data by the SMMT reveals all… Are you driving one of the top 10 cars?
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) each year look at records of every vehicle currently in use on roads in the UK to discover what the most popular makes and models of car are at the moment.
Their annual research is known as the Motorparc analysis and is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
According to the data, the range of cars on our roads has increased massively over the past 10 years alone, with a 25% rise in the model line-up since 2007, plus there’s now a mind-boggling 65,000 individual car specifications to choose from.
Despite the fact that there’s more choice than ever these days, it seems some models continue to remain in the hearts of many motorists here in the UK.
Here’s the top 10 most popular cars currently on British roads in descending order:
10. BMW 3 Series – currently 491,388 on our roads.
9. Toyota Yaris – number on UK roads: 495,968.
8. Renault Clio – currently 546,808 on our roads.
7. Mini – number on UK roads: 609,883.
6. Volkswagen Polo – currently 703,311 on our roads.
5. Vauxhall Astra – number on UK roads: 1,086,780.
4. Volkswagen Golf – currently 1,089,975 on our roads.
3. Vauxhall Corsa – number on UK roads: 1,227,119 and celebrating its 25th birthday in 2018!
2. Ford Focus – currently 1,401,889 on our roads.
1. Ford Fiesta – number on UK roads: 1,588,185.
The Ford Fiesta is the UK’s favourite car right now and continues to be much loved by British motorists – congratulations!
Please click here to find out more about our car leasing services and amazing deals, or give us a call today on 0800 311 8290.