How do I lease a car through my business?
If you are an employee then many businesses offer schemes through which you can lease a car. The simplest way to lease a car through your business is to opt on to one of these schemes. When you lease a car through your business, you will pay company car tax, or benefit in kind tax, as the taxman effectively classes your leased car as part of your income.
If you own a limited company then you can either lease the car personally or through the business. Approaching a car leasing service which specialises in business leasing, such as Lease Go, is the easiest way to approach the idea of leasing a car through your business.
One of the benefits of leasing a car through your business is that it could help you save on VAT. Of course, in order to lease a car through your business then you would be expected to provide all the necessary documentation and your company would undergo a credit check.
Remember, if you need any help please just call us on 0800 311 8290
Frequently Asked Questions about Short Term Car Leasing:
- How does car leasing work?
- How do I lease a car?
- How do I qualify for business car leasing?
- How do I lease a car through my business?
- How much to lease a car?
- Can I lease a car through my limited company?
- Is it better to buy or lease a car?
- Is insurance included in a car lease?
- What is the cheapest car to lease?
- What is Business Contract Hire?
- What are the benefits of Business Contract Hire?
- How is a company car taxed?
- What company cars should I choose for my company?
- How much will maintenance cost?
- What are car emissions?
- What is my car’s P11D value? Is it different from its On The Road (OTR) price?
- What does mpg or m/g mean?
- What does g/km mean?
- How do I calculate my BIK tax?