‘Miles Per gallon’ or mpg, sometimes written as ‘m/g’ shows you how many miles the car in question can travel on a single gallon of fuel.
Often, the higher the mpg value, the more desirable the vehicle if everything else is equal, as considerable savings on fuel can be obtained.
How can I increase my mileage per gallon?
You may be able to get more for your money by doing the following:
- Driving more ‘smoothly’ (less last-minute braking and rough gear changes!)
- Driving at a speed appropriate to the current gear (e.g. not travelling at 50mph in 3rd)
- Turning air conditioning off
- Checking tyres are correctly inflated
- Removing unnecessary weight
- Avoiding traffic jams, if possible
Remember, if you need any help please just call us on 0800 311 8290.